The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Ginger's first freshening udder 7 days fresh... Nursing triplets, so she is certainly not full. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Ginger's udder 7 days fresh...

Looks pretty good, do you have a rear and side?

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I need to clip her leg and fill her overnight I will be doing that soon (hopefully). And I will get more photos...

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

She looks great thus far though! Its always good when they look like that and aren't full. ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts

Ginger's udder looks really great and it's not even full! I can't wait to see it when it is!!! My I am going to have some stiff competition between you and Ashley at this Show in April. It will be fun to meet up with you both there! :leap:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks Sara!!! She does have a huge udder, I was so surprised that a small doe like her could have one as big as she does. I can't wait to fill her in and have a look at it!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Ginger's udder 7 days fresh... NEW PICS ADDED!!!

Here is her udder from today. Still not full, but I shaved it (with a razor...) so you can see it better

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

I like her Medial for a first freshener they're hard to get sometimes! Sometimes it takes a couple kiddings for it to show up but she already has a nice one! :D

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Her line definatly carries strong medials, but her teats are a bit small for me. Hopefully through milking they will get larger, I guess we will see!!

·
Registered
810 Posts

She is looking VERY nice Chelsey! Her rear udder attachment could be a bit wider and higher, but she has a really nice medial and nicely placed teats, and a very smooth looking fore. I think she is going to do super well for you! :cool:

·
Registered
605 Posts

Her udder is just like Holly's except, Ginger's has more capacity.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yeah I was thinking a higher wider rear udder but she wasn't full so I wonder if it would looke better when full.... I am planning on bagging her up for 12 hours soon and I'll take some photos (of course :greengrin:)

·
Registered
257 Posts

i don't know anything about nigerian but i think the udder looks very nice from the side.
is it hard to get a good teat size andplacement on them? i could not imagine to milk those itty bitty teats :roll:

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

She looks very good, the top could be a bit wider but her teat placement and attachment as well as her medial look great!!! Yes, her teats will get bigger with use too! Binky had the same issue going and the first couple times it was really hard to get anything from them but nursing and now milking her they have grown!! Wish I had the nerve to use a razor on her like you did with Ginger!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

She looks really nice from the side and she has a good MSL. I would like to see her a little higher and wider in the rear and I would bring those teats in just a bit and have them longer.

She looks great Chelsey...I think she should very well!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts