The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The woman we usually lease bucks from has undergone a dramatic heard reduction this year. So we can't lease from her. She referred us to another woman, who was more than happy to help. Although she dropped something on me that I was unfamiliar with. She said her buck is " giraffe polled", which means they get a nub that might be an inch or so long, but it never grows into a full-blown horn.

Is she yanking my chain? a little googling didn't turn up anything with that search term either.

I'm not sure I really want that, because I'm not sure it would conform to Nigerian dwarf standards.

Anybody heard of this?

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
The woman we usually lease bucks from has undergone a dramatic heard reduction this year. So we can't lease from her. She referred us to another woman, who was more than happy to help. Although she dropped something on me that I was unfamiliar with. She said her buck is " giraffe polled", which means they get a nub that might be an inch or so long, but it never grows into a full-blown horn.

Is she yanking my chain? a little googling didn't turn up anything with that search term either.

I'm not sure I really want that, because I'm not sure it would conform to Nigerian dwarf standards.

Anybody heard of this?
I have a giraffe polled wether that his have never broken skin. But they are noticable under there.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,844 Posts
I have a polled doeling this year, she's about 10 weeks now, I was petting her head the other day and felt two decent size rounded nubs. I know she's polled and they can have bumps, but I'd never felt them this big. I was wondering if she was giraffe polled...but you can't see them, only feel them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.