The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, some time ago I read an article on here about a girl scout leader who took her troop on a hike with some pack goats. I though that was interesting as my daughter is in Girl Scouts and we have pack goats and I would love to arrange something for our troop to do something with the goats. Who ever wrote that, can you please write to me and let me know what you did so I can plan on something like that for out troop.

Thanks
Cindy Webb
:p

· Registered
36 Posts
I would love to hear about this also. I use to be a scout, leader and then taught camping, outdoor cooking and backpacking. I did some wilderness backpacking a few times too.

This is also something that if you are going to do it, you might even look into writing a badge for the project! Think of the wonderful thing you'd be doing for the kids and for goats! It would be great goatie pr and I'm sure the kids would enjoy the goats along and learning to care for them. We with livestock really need to help the next generation learn more about livestock as we're already up a creek with the current young adults who are so anti livestock!

Shar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.