The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Molly's Herbal Wormer for a couple of years for my goats and have just this year started using it on my horses. Recently Molly changed her formula to include black walnut.

Black Walnut in any form or fashion is a no-no for horses, or so I thought... but she tells me that the black walnut is from the leaves and after it's dried, ground and exposed to air, it's safe.

I was wondering if anyone here has given this new formula to their horses? Looks like I'm going to have to learn to make my own herbal wormer as I am just NOT SURE whether to give it to my horses or not!
:thinking:

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not give Black walnut to a horse in any form, just asking for a problem that I wouldn't want to try to fix.
That's what I was thinking too... just asking for trouble!!! I can't figure out why she changed the formula #1 to include black walnut. Guess it was easier than making a separate one.

So does anyone have any recommendations for an herbal wormer for horses? I would try Fir Meadows but they do not list their ingredients on the web site.

Will have to learn to make my own I guess. Not looking forward to it, as I have enough on my plate right now but I really want to stick with herbals!!!

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Kat's (Fir Meadows) DWorm A, GI Soother and DWorm MLL. If you'd like the ingredients lists, PM me and I'll send them to you :) They're definitely worth getting. I much prefer Fir Meadows and Land of Havilah to Molly's. :)
Everyone keeps saying that Fir Meadows is better. Is it the same 'once a week' thing or is the dosage different?

I will PM you for the ingredients lists.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts