Gizelle's turn... she's on day 143

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Well, Gizelle is on day 143 and her udder is tightening and filling nicely. :) This morning she was a bit stiff legged, so hopefully she's right on time!! Pics later...

Oh, and does anyone have any hints on making your goats easier to milk? Hallie has a GORGEOUS udder, but she's cranky on the milk stand. She lets me milk for about 3 minutes and then starts kicking like she's trying to get one of her kids to leave her alone... lol.

Angie

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds like babies really soon....can't wait.......... :love: :wink: :cool:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is she done eating at that point when seh starts kicking? if so add liek alfafa pellets so it slows her eating down and spread it all out in the dish if possible - you can even add rocks to it so she has to eat around the rocks.

As to your doe about to kid - hope it goes as fast and easy as Angie's yesterday :D

4. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    She actually had two does!! Tiny little ones... Cinder and Ella. :) one looks like mom and the other like dad...

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats on the new little ones....... :girl: :girl: :leap:

6. redsticker

redsticker Member

May 7, 2009
    SE Louisiana
  7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    YAY!! Congrats!!!

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on :girl: :girl:

As Stacey said, try adding some large stonmes to the pan so it takes her longer to eat her ration. I have a situation similar, but this doe kicks at me wether she's done or not...talking softly while continuing to milk has helped as well as setting a small bowl on the stand and continuing to milk one handed while holding the lifted hoof firmly on the floor with the other, she knows I mean business then! Takes longer but the perseverence pays off in the long run, I HOPE thats the case with your girl.

9. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    She actually annoyed me enough that I just let her dry up. :( She wanted the milk stand, but every time shewas on there, she would kick at me like crazy, like she was trying to wean me.. hahaha! So, I figured I'll TRYYYY again next go round. Cinnamon is doing fine with milking and so is Ophelia. I'm thrilled!!!! And Panama... WHEW... what an UDDERRRRRRRRRRR! gorgeous... she had the most beautiful little boy, too, and I am soooooo wanting to keep him. Seriously thinking about it. He is mostly white with chocolate and red spots. AND he has blue eyes and they are encircled by brown and black so much so that he looks like he is wearing eyeliner. I love it! Haven't named him yet... suggestions?????

Angie

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She will learn, hopefully alot faster next year!

Sounds like this little guy who is nameless already stole your heart....hmmmmm....eyeliner on a boy? I can think of a few musicians that fit that description :slapfloor:
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Alice Cooper
    Boy George

Just suggestions....don't think any of those would be fitting for your lil' guy!

11. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Yup. I decided to keep him. :) I couldn't help myself! And Panama is his mom, so he has some gooooooooooood udder genetics behind him. She milks like a dream! And his name is Firestone Creek MP Magellan since Dad was Marco Polo. HAHA! I'll post pics of him soon. Just finished making goat milk fudge this evening and I burnt my arm... :( splattered fudge. Oh wellllllllllllllll... got blisters

Angie

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Ouch! Sorry! Hope ya feel better!
    :sigh:
    I don't think I've seen a pic of you're new boy on your site...