Glitz has lost her ligaments!! *doing the baby dance*

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Anna, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Well 145 is Saturday, so these kids are going to be a little early. I'm so excited!! I timed the space in between two contractions and they are about 40 min apart right now, and really havent fallen into a good pattern yet so we are probably several hours away still. I'm so excited! Say lots of prayers for us please. Last year she delivered a single 12 pounder, she likes to pack it on her kids! I'm just ready to milk and make soap snd snuggle with cute flopsy little goaties again. :greengrin:

My pictures are taking a while to load, but I'll post them as soon as I can.

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    This is exciting! I'll be praying everything goes well ... 12 lbs. oh my!!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW....I'm used to kiddo's being 3 lbs and under...I can only imagine a 12 pounder! Hope all goes well and sh delivers 2 / 8 pound kids instead!

4. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Here are some pics from a couple of hours ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "woah, Mom, back away from the camera...."

I know right!? My nubian babies usual are pretty small. My average is 6 pounds but I rarely have singles, so I think he just took the weight of what should have been two. LOL. I dig you guys up a picture. He was a hunky little dude that's for sure.

I didnt milk her last year since she was a first freshner, so I'm hoping she'll warm up to it ok. Some of my girls act like pros and some them act like it's torture in it's cruelest form. We shall see soon enough ;)

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'd say she's going to torture you for awhile....she looks way to content :greengrin:

6. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Hee hee, but what goatie is not content when you stick grain in front of them? LOL, I agree though, she is such a little princess she'll have it her way. Watch her way be at 3 o'clock in the morning when it's 10 degrees!

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She's definately getting close! But I know how they love to torture :roll:

8. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Just got back form the barn and she is having some decent contraction and has some yellowy discharge so I'm going stay down there for a little while. EEEEK! Babies are coming a little faster than I thought. :stars:

9. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    She is gorgeous Anna! I hope you get some doelings!!
    I also must comment on her udder, its huge! Looks like you'll be getting a nice amount.. probably well over a gallon a day at her peak, if i know udders well, which I really don't :wink:

How much at her peak did she give last year?

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is pretty.....Babies are coming.... :leap:

11. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Beautiful udder! Good luck! :greengrin:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Babies babies babied. Let us know.

I have to say I hurt :oops: looking at her utter.

13. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Single little buckling, but he is so precious!!! I gotta run, get some towels warming in the dryer for him. I'll check back in a sec. :leap:

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Congrats! :stars: :boy:

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Alright.............congrats .... :leap: :leap: :) :thumbup: :wahoo:

16. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
  17. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    That makes me really excited. My doe is due the same time yours was. Congrats on your birth. I hope its a healthy buck. Your doe is beautiful. What an udder!! Cant wait to see pics.

18. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats!!!! That's awesome! :cool: :stars:

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo! Congrats on the :boy: :stars: :stars:

20. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Well, I went out to put the baby on some warm clean towels and in puddle of goop behind Glitz lay another tiny little kid not breathing or moving. Crap. So grapped her up in the towels I had brought and ran back inside in front the fire to see if I could get her to breathe. I was rubbing and skaking and D.C. (doggie) was licking finally after what seemed like forever her nose twitched and then she sneezed goop all over my face.LOL. Whew, that was a scare. I dont think I've ever seen a kid so alive though in my life. Within a few min. of being practically lifeless she was standing and butting at my knees to nurse. What I cant get over though are her colors! Can you believe this??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is her big brother.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are 25% Alpine. I'll take some dry pics after they've had some mommy time. Glitz's udder doesnt hold a candle to her mom's in capacity or or attachments, but I'm still very pleased :)
    Thank you.