Go Figure

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Apr 23, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, because of the drought we have had and the fact that I just do not need all the goats, I have had to sell off some. It was a very hard choice who to sell and who to keep, so I walked around them looked at their show quality, the fiber all everything. Well we decided to sell some and one lady that bought several of them. Ok not a problem well before she took Lillie Ann we told her that she was pregnant and we had no idea when she was due as we did not know when she was bred.
    Well she called me last night all worried because Lillie Ann had twin and one was really small. I told her what to do, and just relax, Lillie Anna did a great job and to get her the molasses water and so on. well she called me back and in this voice that made my spine crawl. LORI THERE ARE THREE. What? I have never had triplets that all three lived. I was so happy for her but a little jealous at the same time. I sold her and told her she could keep the baby only thinking there was one. OH well, she goat a GREAT deal. She paid for three goats and got 6, how cool is that? I just wish I could have a doe give me triplets and all live. Lillie Anna just turned a year old at the end of January.
    I have to say I am so happy, they are all doing great. OH did I say they were all DOES :girl: :girl: :girl:

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my gosh! How exciting for her! Glad to hear they are all doing well, especially first time young momma with a herd of her own now :greengrin:

Its always such a gamble selling a bred doe isnt it!- I just got word on a doe we sold too that had triplets buck :boy: :boy: :boy: :GAAH:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow....I know how you feel about selling preggo does....I had one doe that always gave us bucks.....I sold her and guess what :girl: :girl: I couldn't believe it either...So yeah ...I know the little jealousy part....LOL..... :wink:

The buyer made a tremendous deal....there is no way to tell is there... :scratch:
    So happy... it all worked out and were all 3 girls ...wow ...that is really something..... she hit the jackpot...the mother load :wink: :hug:

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I know how you feel! We had a dog, GSD, that we could never get bred...no matter what we tried. We even tried AI! She'd always have a false pregnancy and two weeks before her due date she would look like someone poked her with a pin...deflated. So, we sold her..the people mentioned when they picked her up that she was pudgy looking. We said "Oh don't worry...she always does that, she's having a false pregnancy." Well, you guessed it...two weeks later she had 9 puppies! :angry: :hair:

Glad everything turned out okay in the end!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so far I havent experienced this -- but I am thinkin it will happen to me with Mia. I am selling her because she always has singles -- watch her have triplets or something :roll:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know Stacey. I had a doe only give me singles for three years. Now OH no, it is big twins, and she was the one that had triplets that one died.

:doh: WOW I feel really stupid. I just realized she did give me triplets. She had the twins,and 20 hours later I pulled out Hope. I guess I do not remember she was a triplet because we were the mom of Hope. She was a bottle baby.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe sometimes those things sneek up on yah

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio