The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I give my goats a bath? I used to when they were small but I could just do it in the sink! Now they're heavier! And could I use mane and tail? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
We wash ours on the milking stand. We use mane and tail or animal shampoo with tea tree oil. We use soft brushes to scrub them. They don't seem to mind it at all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can bathe your goats so long as it is warm and they aren't chilled. We use people shampoo on ours with conditioner. Mane and tail is just fine!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Peggy Sue just gets in the shower with me, but that doesn't work for my outside goats.

For them I fill a kiddie pool halfway with water then add a couple large stockpots of boiling water to take the chill off. Then I put my children in their swimsuits and put them in the pool to scrub the goats. Everyone gets a quick rinse from the hose when they get out of the pool.

I use cat flea shampoo to get rid of mites and creepy crawlies. It also keeps the children free of external parasites! ;)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
We either stick them in the bathtub, so they can have warm water, or use the milking stand. We use dog shampoo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone! You all had really good advice!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts