Goat Behavior

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by leslie0815, Jan 5, 2008.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    OK here goes again.....lol , I have been noticing that my little buck and 2 of my does have been shunning my other 2 little does, they won't let them eat with them, they push them out of any food pans even if I put them in another part of the yard they seem to know when I give them feed because they all run over to them and push them away. I get mad because the 2 they push out are my sweetest 2. They don't even play with them. I feel so sad for the little girls. I spank the 3 when I see them pushing the others away...lol a good swat on the butt......Is this normal and is ther any way to correct it.
    Thanks Leslie
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    so maddening when this happends! I usually give mine about the same response.

When my Mia was really little and Jasper was little to I would pull them out of the pen and feed them their grain. And even hay sometimes.

It is normal herd behavior unfortunatly.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

this is perfectly normal goat behavior, some breeds are more agressive then others. Alpines tend to be one of the more agressive breeds. Especially around food. Each goat needs her own bowl or bucket. You can usually get away wth babies sharing. My kids all eat out of one large feed pan, but the big girls each get their own. They all have a special place where they eat, tied up or hooked to something so they don;t get into eachothers. You will find that she always has something better then what i have even if its the same thing. treats are the same way the bigger ones will push the smaller ones around so they can get more.