The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 2 yr old Nubian doe that has been bred. We have had her for about a month now and she has the habit of doing something really weird...she is standing on her hind legs and putting her front feet on the side of her stall or anything that she can and then arching her neck backwards?! She bends it completely back (like she is wanting to look at something upside down). Has anyone ever encountered this before?

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
As far as I can tell, it's a goat thing. :laugh: Some of them do it and some don't. I have a couple that do it on a regular basis. I cannot figure out for for the life of my what they get out of it, but they seem to like it so to each their own! ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,307 Posts
Ditto...some goats are just clowns...:dazed:

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Oh I have a few that do that , some more extravagantly then the others , lol. I always say they are "dancing" and if I go on about it and really acknowledge them doing it , they will do it more , ROFL :)
Enjoy it , goats are just amazing , silly creatures :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
:ROFL:Omgosh this is too funny I just posted on another board about my goat doing something similar, but she does it just standing there, every once and a while when on a fence but mostly just standing there. Several people commented they have goats that do the same as well. She is a Lamancha and has done this since I got her about 5 months ago. However I just posted about it out of curiosity this evening... talk about timing..lol:grin::p:geek:

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Ellie doing her morning yoga :D Head Eye Goat Blue Human body

First giving me a cute face.....
Ecoregion Vertebrate Sky Working animal Mammal

Stttrrrreeeeeeetch :)

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha :) I'm glad to hear that she isn't the only one!! We have a herd of 12 and she was the first one that did it so maybe the others will start doing their yoga!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts