The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well seeing that my sister faithfully took pictures all the way through Whissy's birth... I'd just post them, for interest's sake...

0800 - 1000

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actual birth, 10:00

there is a hoof right there, feeling to see if there's a nose:

blow up from previous picture:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

blow up:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great pictues for sharing!
Can you tell us about the hoses, I see a lot of leg without nose, it may just be the angle, but tell us what you saw and felt. :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoses or noses? hehe

In the 5th picture to last, you will see a little blob on top of the leg that looks a bit like a growth - it's not, it's an ear. From these pictures you can only really see the underneath of the kids as they slide out.

The first thing I felt when I inserted my fingers was a hoof right at the entrance (previously in a big waterbag that I popped)

behind the hoof was a nose. I had to investigate a little further to find the second hoof as it was a bit further back.

I then took the first hoof and stretched it forward and from there helped Whissy to birth it out.

The second kid came with just 1 leg (the one I'm pulling) and the head (I held it behind the ears to help the kid out).

I didnt want to investigate to find the second leg as it was a big kid (9lb14oz) and would have hurt her more to do that.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Great photos. I'd love to get a series of photos of one of our births but I'm so often alone and making sure noses get cleaned and I'm like you, checking to see what's coming to ensure a kid doesn't get close so I tend not to get pics.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Oh, I love pix like these!!! I plan on both video taping and pix taking all my does births. Unfortunately, I don't have any willing helpers. . . .

·
14,615 Posts
Wow excellent pics indeed!! Great job all three of you :birthday: and the "impressive expression" oh my I can almost hear her scream.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I don't have any of Daisie right before giving birth.....

But at 6:30 am - just standing around - couple contractions

9:30 am - little bit of goo and starts of pushing

10:20 am went out to feed and came back to this little boy that was still in sack, JUST came out

Cleaning him up with mom and she started pushing again

10:25 am

Next push she came out all at once!

after getting the sack off of her

Mom never attempted to clean her until after I had her cleaned up completely.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Awesome pics!!! Thanks for taking the time to post!! I wish I had someone to take pictures when those kind of things happen or even a by the book birth. I'm always waiting w/ a towel or have my hands checking out the doe so it's great you had someone there.

Those kids look real healthy by the way! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great pics... thanks so much.
If you are moving the babies to the mom's head, are you cutting the cords or are you just clamping them and waiting for the placentas to be delivered or what's happening?

Beautiful... EVERYONE!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Can i ask some dumb questions about Whats comming out with the babbies?
I dont wanna steal the thread with questions
Just water bags and access stuff. All normal. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts