Goat breed pages

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 1, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Hi there all. I am in the middle of learning how to do HTML code and how to create new pages for the website.

What I am in need of is information pertaining to different breeds.

I want to have a page for each breed of goat along with some pictures.

This is a lot to research on my own so I am asking for your help.

What I would like is the history of the breed, special characteristics, color variations, usual height and weight and interesting facts on the breed.

Any pictures you personally have of the breed are acceptable but must show correctness in all areas (not perfect but a good example). I will give credit to who owns the animal along with who took the photo.

Any information pertaining to the categories of meat, dairy and fiber are also wanted. I would like to have a general goat info page where I will add this information.

I can not guarantee that all information passed onto me will be used.

Anyone who helps gather the information that I do use will be noted as having done so.

Please e-mail the information to goatigirl@gmail.com with the heading "for website addition breed ______"

Thank you all for aiding me in this endeavor.

2. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    That is a great idea Stacey! I will try to get some Nubian stuff for you tomorrow after school :).

3. eliya

eliya New Member

Hey Stacey, You can use any of the information on my site about the MiniNubians. I have an 'About MiniNubians' page. You can use the pictures on my site as well. Just let me know if you need any other info.

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That is awesome Stacey!!! I can help you with coding since that is how my site was done....i have 2 books also.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very good to know!! I maybe running to you for some help here :D

6. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    stacy feel free to use any of the pictures on my site. i will see what i can gather on alpines.

7. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    ANDDA haas a great apge about the history of the nigerian dwarf- I'll try and find it for you.

8. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  9. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't want to pirot so I need more original stuff kind of written by the members here, you know what I mean? Anybody can find that information on those sites it is best to have our own stuff.

11. eliya

eliya New Member

The information on my site was written by me, so feel free to use it.

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Well there are a lot of different colors in alpines.....
    Cou Blanc - Meaning White neck, white in the front quarters and black in the back quarters. Often with black on the lower legs face and dorsal stripe.
    Cou Clair - meaning clear neck, saffron tan or gray in the front quarters and black in the back quarters often with black on the lower legs dorsal stripe and face.
    Cou Noir - Meaning Black front, this is a very rare color patturn with the animal being black in the front and white in the back.
    Chamoisee - Brown or tan often with black or white lower legs and facial markings. Sometimes having a black dorsal (spelling for bucks is chamoise)
    Two-Tone Chmaoisee - Same as above only the animal has literly two tons of the color, usually being a little lighter int he front then the back.
    Lavender - This color is a lot like a tog color but the togg patturn is discrimminated against, it is a grayish color often in the patturn of the cor clair or chamoisee.
    broken - Any color broken by a splash of white somewhere on the body or neck.
    Belted any color with a white belt (a belt goes all the way around the animal)
    Sundgau - This is what some call traditional swiss markings, a black animal with white facial stripes ears and lower legs. They also have white triangles on either side of the tail.
    Pied - any color being spotted or mottled.
    Alpines can be any combination of colors including solid black. Solid white and toggenburg patturn is discriminated against.

You can use pictures on my website, Cally is a belted two tone chamoisee little bit is a two tone, juju is a levender two tone chamoisee chrome is a broken two tone lavnder scarlett is a cou blanc dixie is a belted cou clair
    Fire is a broken chamoise
    the only pictures refrain from using are Peek and annie on the buck pages.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You are more then welcome to use any pics that I have on my webpage also.

Especially the one under farm animals - fun pics of Fiona and Joe loving each other :wink:

14. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Stacey, it is definitely up to you.. but I think that for the dairy breeds you should have the ADGA breed standard up there. That is not pirating.. everybody uses that for everything. That would be the best way to show what they are supposed to be like, in my opinion. You can also add narratives on each page written by members.. but having the ADGA standards up there would probably be a good idea.

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok yah I get what you mean.

So if anyone wants to put little tidbits of information about the breed personality, and any history on the breed that wouldn't be in the breed standard I woud LOVE to have your input and of course you will get credit for it.

Thanks Katherine - good input

16. prairiewolf

prairiewolf New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    southeast Kansas
    Great idea! If you need any input on Boers just let me know! :wink: Our operation is more commercial / replacement stock than show animals but if I can help in any way I am glad too!

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thanks I appreciate it.

I am going to do one page here soon once I get enough to play around with and then I will see how this all works. Sure is a big learning curve for me

18. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    You can use any pictures that you can find of mine, but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. You probably want goats that are set up. If not, feel free to use my pics.:)

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I decided to do a website instead at least for now until I get the html stuff done in my brain!

here is the link (once complete I will have it as a link on the portal/home page)
    http://www.freewebs.com/thegoatspot

PLEASE give me any information you have on any of the breeds or pictures you have as well.

check the alpine & nubian pages to see how I am using the photos and giving credit to people

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh also I have mini nubians because Elya gave me information (well let me use what she had)

I know there are mini Obheraslis but other then that are there other mini breeds that are popular and I can find info on? or should I just do the mini nubians and mini obers adn leave it at that?