The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They look great. How well did it work? How much copper per ball?
They worked great! Not a single problem with my goats eating them. And i just used a syrnge to make a hole and poor the copper in after they are done cooking. And of course i use amount of copper per the goats whight

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was wondering also if you opened the copper and cooked it into the balls, or poured it in after they were done cooking, or if you hid the whole capsule in them.
Look at my comment and you shall see your answer lol

·
Super Moderator
32,192 Posts
My goats need copper bolus so bad but they refuse any treat I try to give them.
In the mean time, you can try the syringe method.
Cut the tip off a 6 cc syringe. File any sharp edges. Copper dose this way is 1 cc per 60 pounds. Pour dose in the trimmed syring and top with probiotic paste to hold rods in. I always have a drenching syringe filled with water ready. Push the copper filled syringe to the corner of goats mouth to get rods behind tongue best you can..push rods in and follow up with water to help wash them down. It's fast, easy and my goats are used to it now so not much fussing.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
In the mean time, you can try the syringe method.
Cut the tip off a 6 cc syringe. File any sharp edges. Copper dose this way is 1 cc per 60 pounds. Pour dose in the trimmed syring and top with probiotic paste to hold rods in. I always have a drenching syringe filled with water ready. Push the copper filled syringe to the corner of goats mouth to get rods behind tongue best you can..push rods in and follow up with water to help wash them down. It's fast, easy and my goats are used to it now so not much fussing.
Thank you! I’ll try this!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts