Goat Cheese

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jenparrish24, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jenparrish24

jenparrish24 New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Illinois
    I am getting so much goats milk and I am wondering if anyone has any awesome recipes for Goats cheese of all flavors and kinds?

I Hard cheddar/Swiss/any kind. I am interested in starting to make some and everything.

2. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010

3. tgoff80

tgoff80 New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I'm looking for a recipe for goat milk cheese like the kind that you get in the mexican resturants. Most of the recipes say season to taste, but I'm so new I have no idea what kind of seasonings to use and how much. Can anyone help a total newbie to cheese making? Thanks, Tammy

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If you've come across a recipe, try it and use any seasonings you want...for the Chevre I like adding a bit of salt and garlic powder, I've even used a half pouch of taco seasoning to 2 cups of Chevre..makes a really good spread for crackers or bagel chips.

5. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Can you freeze milk and then use it later for cheese making?

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, I do it all the time. I freeze in 2 quart plastic juice bottles then thaw, shake and follow process for cheese.

7. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I finished my second batch of cheese. If anyone decides to do the recipe i posted above, please make sure you use very fresh buttermilk. I noticed the cheese was a bit tart this time around. It still tastes okay, but not the same as the first time.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Check the Cookin' Corner for recipes too