The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, what color would you describe my wether as? He is half Nigerian Dwarf and half Pygmy.

Our two bucks get all grass hay. They have a fairly large pen and some things to jump and climb on to get exercise. They both have large pot bellies. I am taking one to fair in a month, and he looks too fat for a dairy goat :p Anything I can do to get rid of this?

·
2,203 Posts
Can you grab a pic of your "fat" goat? Lol

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Well, I don't know if it is the same for goats, but I do know that hay belly in bottle calves is usually caused by too much hay and not enough grain. As for the color of your wether, black and white? :scratch: :laugh:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Never heard of a silver buckskin before. I think he is adorable though :) I wish he was 100% nigerian, so I could have kept him intact... But he will make a good little show wether :) Once he is too old for showing in wether classes, he will be shown in the pack/obstacle courses at the fairs, to kinda earn his keep. :laugh:

Any tips for the hay bellies? Or whatever it is. They are due for their worming, but they don't look wormy. They aren't bloated, either. I will get some pics in the morning.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Was guessing you ment wethers as bucks are not allowed at fairs. You are just a hop skip and a jump away (Tri Cities) here, what fair are you going to that has pack/obstacle courses? And will wait for photos on your other goaties to toss my 2 cents in :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts