The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am taking my Pygmy doe to fair, and it just so happens that there is a goat costume contest! The goat with the funniest and most original costume wins. Any ideas? Nothing too hot, though. Don't want her to overheat.

·
Registered
507 Posts
We went to a breeding show with a contest. my favorite was the fruit of the loom model with lace panties on! there was also a cowboy and his horse, a chef and a tinkerbell. Have fun!

·
Registered
30,673 Posts
wonder women or a buga loo...( yiks..think I aged myself there lol)

·
Registered
87 Posts
we once did a costume show with our donkey and we used a pair of pants on his front legs and a bandana around his neck and a straw hat with ear holes cut out so it stayed on his head. some other people had dressed there baby donkey up as a well a baby, they had a cloth diaper and a bonnet and a pacifier around its neck and it one the contest, and google "guinea pig costumes" the picture of the purple bunny costume or blue dino. costume would look really cute on a goat.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's white, with a grey dorsal stripe, and grey legs, up to her knees. Not sure about the term for that :p

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the costume contests, do the handlers generally dress up too? I don't like dressing up like that :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you and your goat both dressed in the same theme it would probably help. you don't necessarily have to dress in a costume, matching colors would look good together.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
One Halloween I took Peggy Sue out with the kids. Every time someone asked me if she was a goat I responded, "No, it's my dog in a goat costume." Got a lot of strange looks! :cool:

What about dressing yer goat up as a poop factory? :D

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right now I am thinking of a dinosaur, pirate, taco, or a box of Chinese take out noodles.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dinosaur! Omg I wanna see a tiny goaty dinosaur even more than a pygmy pirate!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, kinda leaning towards a 'cute' dinosaur. I think purple or blue would look good. What would I wear?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One Halloween I took Peggy Sue out with the kids. Every time someone asked me if she was a goat I responded, "No, it's my dog in a goat costume." Got a lot of strange looks! :cool:

What about dressing yer goat up as a poop factory? :D
Poop factory.... LOLOLOL

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a good idea... I think I have some khaki shorts I can wear, too. Then my white western shirt I use to show in. I have a plaid (purple) short sleeve button up shirt I could wear, too. What do you think would be best? Then for shoes...?

·
I'm watching you
22,273 Posts
Yeah and a rock hammer/sheet rock axe and stick funny looking tools in both your pockets.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will have to go look for some hiking boots then! I will make the things on her back (you know, they look like half circles going down the dinosaurs back) and then the thing that thing that some dinosaurs have behind their heads, like a fan type thing. For a tail... Not sure on that. But for the colors, I will use dark blue spray paint, then I have some sparkly purple stuff somewhere I can use for polka dots or borders around the edges. Think I should make some patches for her body?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts