The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 10 month old nigerian dwarf doe at the fair the past week. And about halfway through the week, I noticed that she was coughing. I asked one of the goat superintendents about it and he said it was because of all of the dirt and dust being kicked up from the other goats. But, as I brought her home, its a few days later and she still has a cough and a mild runny nose. She acts fine and normal, and eats normally. I'm not sure on what to give her or if I should give her something.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The runny nose is a whitish color and a goat owner from down the street recommended to give her a little shot of penicillin. We are supposed to go on vacation with the family but I'm hesitant if I should stay home or not to keep an eye on her. I can't exactly drive because I'm not exactly 15/16! We already lost a goat to sickness last year and I am very nervous with leaving her... We have the person from down the street come and give her the shot, but I still want to keep an eye on her myself... I am not quite sure on what to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.