The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
64,490 Posts
Goats seem to always pick up something at the fair. If you have a vet, I would consult with your vet.

I am currently treating my 5 month old with Draxxin because she came down with pneumonia again. For the second time she still had no temp but vet verified that it was pneumonia.

· Super Moderator
64,490 Posts
It really is just a matter of knowing what is normal for your goats. Not every sickness presents in the normal way. Most of the time you would see a temp but every time I took a temp, it was in the normal range. If you know your goats, then you can tell when they aren't feeling well. It is also a matter of realizing when your home treatments aren't working and you need the vet involved.

I tend to be a bit OCD with watching my goats and I'm constantly looking for problems. Goes back to my alpaca days since alpacas are so incredibly stoic. You really have to know them well to detect a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.