The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Agree with the advice....she needs penicillin and vit b periodically throughout the day. Has a vet seen her? You said she had gas in her stomach...so she might be bloated..did you try giving her medication for bloat or baking soda?
I also had a kid look like this when he had seizures ( he had tetanus at the time)...so a vet can only confirm what it really is
Hope others can help more

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
She needs an anti-inflammatory for the brain inflammation once per day in addition to the B-Vitamins and Penicillin given every 6 hours. Prop her up "sternal" so she is laying on her chest not her side , that will help the gas leave as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The B1 must be given every 6 hours along with large doses of penicillin. It takes a lot of time to bring them back from this but it can be done.
Because of stupid vets (They shouldn't be called Vet) this happened. I have called a different Vet and he said its only because of severe bloat. And he releases the gas by putting the syringe in the stomach from above. He has given her two injections in the vein to release the gases and given her some herbal formula orally to release the gases.
The feets are freely moving so cannot be tetanus.
If we have treated the bloat early, we would not be in this situation.
I have posted the vitamin b complex injection which I myself has given. I have given it 6 ml.
Currently she is still laying. We have change the side on which she is laying. Also if I raise her mouth, she escapes gas more frequently than laying down

1 - 20 of 60 Posts