Goat ear tags

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Dee4, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Dee4

Dee4 Active Member

Many thanks

2. Caileigh Jane Smith

Caileigh Jane Smith Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Missouri, USA
    Bet that's a sight!

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Yup, it’s just the way they play. No fingers to throw a ball around lol... ;)
    You can put toys in their run like big wire spools ,see saws, ramps and slides that will make them chase each other on like an obstacle course, and it gives your doe places to block her buddies rough play.
    Goats are really smart and if they get too bored they get destructive to property or each other.

4. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    It’s crazy when they all get going but it’s hilarious to watch.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  5. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Ear muffs! :heehee:
    They probably would stay on very long!

6. MadHouse

I meant, they would not stay on long.
    I also fret about little things like that.
    Maybe the holes will still close over time.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  7. Dee4

Dee4 Active Member

They might with duck tape lol

8. Dee4

Dee4 Active Member

We all are defo good goat mummy's and daddy's

9. Dee4

Dee4 Active Member

How old are your little ones, Iam looking forwards to Uk spring and Summer when my two can lazy about, yours look so chilled, mind play on their ramps etc, jump about so I know they are happy.

10. MadHouse

That’s great your goats jump about and show you how happy they are! That’s the best feeling!
    Mine were jumping about today too, as the temperature warmed up, just for today. Back to cold tonight, but there was some dancing outside earlier. My goats are turning 4, 3 and 2 years this spring. They all can act like kids though.

11. Dee4

Dee4 Active Member

Yes I love to watch them play, makes the work and care we give worth it all.
    I don't think I could cope with three kids, I was going to have three, but only could get two, but it's hard sometimes keeping them apart at feed times, as Lulu is a little piggy, but she knows where to go now for her grain etc. I see you use harness rather than collars, I bought similar ones, but they don't seem to get on well with them, I am trying different technecs for hoof trimming, think might try making a milking stand. Anyway it 8 pm here, nice knowing you. Thank you

12. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    The holes never close as a plug was taken out when the tags were put in. you can cover them with something if they are super big. But, goats guard their ears pretty well, I doubt they would get them caught just with holes. (but, I have been wrong!.....)

Dee4, Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  13. Wcd

Wcd Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Middle TN
    It took about a month, but I am not sure how much other factors contributed to the time grain, she had a heavy worm load and other issues. But now she is fine. Infection can be a big deal.