The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just outside collecting eggs and checking all of the waters. I set all 7 eggs on the wire coop and went to fill some waters. I noticed Heidi was looking rather occupied over by the coop, so I went to go see what she was up to. To my surprise, she picked up an egg, happily crunched it up, swallowed it shell and all, and went looking for more. :eek: I quickly put the remaining 6 eggs out of her reach. But the question remains, why would a goat who will not touch any supplements in her grain and throws a fit over copper bolusing eat raw chicken eggs? Does this mean she is lacking in a certain nutrient? Should I be worried?

·
14,615 Posts
Goats do eat goofy things they shouldnt. She will probably be ok but I spose being more mindful of leaving eggs out would be a good thing, especially with one so inquisitive.;)

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
LOL she most likely was just fooling with it and down it went...mine will grab anything that looks interesting....

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Silly goats. Impression of my goat Lacey- 'Oh, whats this? I'll just taste it....'

·
208 Posts
My girls wouldn't eat an egg, but they have both ended up with egg all over them. A couple of chickens like to go and lay in the goat house. The goats will then sit on them, not realizing they are there.

Sometimes, a crow will swipe an egg, and once dropped one it was carrying right on the head of our goat Molly :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts