Goat extracation

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 7acreranch, Apr 27, 2010.

1. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    Just got home from grocery shopping and looked over and saw one of our momma goats with here 8wk old twins laying next to her under a tree. Our GP came up and sat down and gave we that "we have a problem houston "growl"" which lately meant we have kid on the kid ground. He took us toward the pretty scene and barked like "you coming" went over there and both her feet were twisted and caught in a small crotch at the base of the tree, she was stuck. Ok both of us being used to human rescues are like "hell" we tried to pry the trunks apart by hand no go then used some leverage no go meanwhile she is just laying their dog is like what's taking so long. could not get a saw or chainsaw in the crotch so we would up pounding rocks into the v each time a little bigger rock till we got it spread enough to work them out. I have to say there is never a boring day here.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is scary....Are they doing OK? :hug:

3. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    Shes fine just a little scrape. She didnt even say thank you just got up and ran away. No limp or protecting.
    BTW this is our "special" goat. I swear if a goat can get do something "stupid' its her.

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am glad she is Ok... She was very lucky.... :greengrin: :thumb:

and yep.. goats can get into the most unusual situations..... :doh: :help:

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Glad to hear that she is ok, and I had to laugh it is so nice to hear that someone elso also has a "special" goat. If yours is like mine you just never know where she will end up.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad that all is well! How scary!
    And it's nice to know that others have a "special" goat too :greengrin:

7. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    What a great dog you have!
    My last doe to kid this yr gave NO sign she was in labor. I headed out to feed the pig and there the doe was, in the coop the goats like to sleep in, with a doeling. All dry and everything cleaned up and this first freshener looking like haven't got a clue. Looked around and one of the Pyrs was sleeping on the other side of the coop. Hmmmmmmmmm.

8. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    Our GP has saved 2 kids this year form the same goat. I think he keeps an extra eye on her.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW that GP needs extra treats and a pat on the head.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What a great dog.... :thumb: :hug:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Great save by everyone! Maybe your special goat :angel2: was too embarassed to say thank you. :p

12. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    What a good dog you have! And a patient goat!

I was at the place where my goats are and I walked up to the barn, hearing Baaa, Baaa all the way up there. Silly little girl got herself stuck between the outside wall and the slats. I couldn't get her out, too tight..have no idea how she could get in but not out. Went and got hubby. He had to pry the one slat off so I could get her. Silly goats!

13. Well that was close and good for you for coming up with an idea. Hope the pup got a extra treat. HEHE