goat feed

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Kelly-Mae Clampett, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Kelly-Mae Clampett

Kelly-Mae Clampett New Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Michigan
    Hi!
    I have a breeding pair of Nigerian dwarf, and a "bred" mini-nubian doe. I feed primarily hay, and forage, and have been feeding a little bit of organic pellets at night (as incentive to get them in the barn). My TSC has not been selling them anymore, so I am looking for a good pellet to buy online. Any suggestions?

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Is TSC the only farm store? Are there any others in your area? If not, do they sell Purina Miniature Horse & Pony feed?

3. lada823

lada823 Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Ohio
    I feed kalmbach meat and milk pellets. It's a good basic pellet. Not sure if you can order it online but my feed store doesn't carry it however they can order it for me. So you might check with a local feed store and see what they can get in for you.

4. Coolbreeze89

Coolbreeze89 Active Member

Mar 5, 2017
    I feed the TSC Dumor goat pellets (not sweet feed). My NDs all seem to like it (I supplement with minerals per the wisdom of this site as well: purina wind storm minerals, salt lick, cobalt lick). They also get free choice alfalfa.