Goat Frenzy

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lifeonluber, Apr 12, 2018.

1. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    I live in North central Arkansas, in the Ozarks. We're finally getting some warm sunshine but the wind is blowing like mad. Expecting storms tomorrow. That will probably be when Lilly decides it's time to have the babies.

capracreek likes this.
  2. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Lilly is a Lamancha and very close to kidding..any time i think. This is at least her second time, my first. The people we bought her from told us she had triplets in July of last year. I'm quite nervous, checking on her constantly. I only know what I have read. Any advice?

capracreek likes this.

3. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Does anyone have pictures(maybe) of their doe just before she kids so I will know what to expect and watch for?

4. capracreek

capracreek Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Missouri
    I just got back from Springdale and visiting family. Welcome. You can feel her ligs and see if they are soft. I don't have any pictures.

5. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Can you post some photos of Lilly? We'd love to see her!

Is anything in particular concerning you? Do you have a working relationship with a vet? I've only needed a vet once (out of 12+ kiddings), but it was made so much easier because I was already in their system.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    We have been seriously busy this weekend but I check her several times a day. I don't have a working relationship with the vet. I will certainly get some pictures of her tomorrow. She's my sweetheart and so loving. She's slowing down quite a bit. I'm very used to dogs and learning chickens. We also have 2 mini pigs. They are all spoiled. Thank you all for your help.

8. New-goat-mom

New-goat-mom Well-Known Member

May 21, 2017
    Texas
    With the only two girls I have had kid, their udder got way bigger the night before. I thought they were already as big as they could get. I was wrong. One of them, I swear, had every sign of labor from January until she kidded March 16th! Lol On my two, ligaments were gone (seriously GONE) way before kidding. Streaming goo discharge started minutes before birth. They can and they will drive you insane!

North Central Arkansas is my home. I am living in Texas now but oh how I miss it there! I don't know about you but my mom said she was getting snow on her way to church this morning.

9. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    I will certainly keep watching her udder. I don't know a thing about the ligaments but I did try to find them after reading another lady's post. Now I have learned that they can get lice, mites, something called bottle jaw!! All this time I thought goats were easy. I got fooled. We had a sprinkling of snow last Saturday and about 15 minutes of snow the next afternoon. Cold ALL day today but tomorrow is to be close to 70. This is a wonderful place to live and has been a great place for healing.

New-goat-mom likes this.
  10. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018

11. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    I think I'm a nervous first timer. We bought her from someone else, I'm guessing she was already bred when we got her. She came with a now 9 month old buck baby who had already been weathered. Should I separate them when she has the babies as they are very close although she's getting a little intolerant of him the bigger she gets.

New-goat-mom likes this.
  12. New-goat-mom

New-goat-mom Well-Known Member

May 21, 2017
    Texas
    Yeah... "goat" and "easy" don't even belong in the same sentence! Lol They do, however, manage to make themselves worth every bit of it! :) You definitely came to the right place. I have seen people on here talk someone through assisting a difficult delivery. It's just amazing how great the community here is. I would watch close and if she seems to upset by him or if he starts to harass her at all, I would separate them. Definitely when she kids, though. She will need some time alone with her baby/babies. Once you put them back together, watch him close for a few days. My girls love each other but hate each other's children! It's crazy!

I am glad you have found happiness and healing there. Right now my kids are too settled into the school here, and that has to come first, but one day they will be grown and I hope to return.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 7:02 AM
  13. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    No babies yet. There is a very thin string of mucus though but same thing happened 2 weeks ago. Hopefully her pictures will load soon.

toth boer goats likes this.
  14. lifeonluber

lifeonluber New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    This is Lilly this morning. She didn't seem very happy about being turned out into the chilly morning air 20180416_070238.jpg 20180416_070211.jpg

toth boer goats likes this.