The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all, my little boer buck (65lbs) got into chicken grain yesterday around noon he ate quite a bit, filed himself and then went back to browsing. Hubby forgot to secure coop while I was at work..... Anyway he seems good, has diarrhea but has been eating hay and browsing. I don't think he is bloating, rubbed his belly a few times today and he burped and the left isn't larger than the right .he is pretty fat anyway but doesn't look larger than normal. Just wondering when I can stop worrying that something is going to happen. Is he out of the woods it's been almost 30 hrs?
Thank you

·
Registered
625 Posts
And some probios wouldnt hurt to get his gut prepped to be back in order (ours got into the sweet feed and one was pretty sick for a week)-- Vet said to give TUMs as well twice daily for 3 days, but you already gave the baking soda.... and vit B for his gut....
She said with chicken feed she was worried about the concentrated Copper levels, which I had not thought about -- a goat eats alot more than a chicken so ends up with a much higher Copper load....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts