The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get poison ivy oils OFF a goat's coat? Our 7 mo old ND wether found a patch of poison ivy and ever since my daughter and I wake up each morning with new blisters. I mentioned yesterday to my 4 year old that she should hold off hugging her beloved Twinkydink until the poison ivy wears off and this just about brought her to her knees with big crocodile tears.

We're treating ourselves, but it's getting old thinking we're nearing the end of it only to wake up with new blisters in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never given a goat a bath. Since they don't like rain I'm supposing he will freak out if I wash him? What is the best way to do this? Put his collar on, tie him up and hose and scrub him down with the Blue Dawn?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,944 Posts
Twinkydink? Now that is priceless! :lol: No, I'm not making fun. How did your little one come up with that name? It's just too cute!
 

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
Joined
·
2,751 Posts
I washed 3 goats in one day, they just stood there on the stand and didn't freak out much at all. But, it is a whole lot easier with one person holding and one washing!

Blue dawn also kills fleas and kittens, puppies, goats, dogs, and cats can be bathed in it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Twinkydink was the name of a chicken in one of her books we checked out from the library. I guess she liked the name. :) She named the doe, Flower.

Today is the first day I have a chance to give TD a bath and I'm not so sure I will. Neither of us has come up with any new blisters in the last 2 days. Still deciding.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top