Goat hauling idea

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by RockyRidgeBoers, Jul 23, 2010.

1. RockyRidgeBoers

RockyRidgeBoers New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I raise boers some over 200 lbs. The goat gofer at tsc cost 360.00 + tax. What i did was search auto salvage yards & bought a camper shell with sliding windows in front & sides with the back window busted out that i payed 50.00 dollars for. Then i bought a 4 x 4 goat panel & 1/4 X 3 in eye bolts with 1 reg nut & 1 cap nut & 2 fender washers. I installed wire panels over the inside of the windows & made a rear door out of wire also all for a grand total of 156.00 and 2 hours of time. I will post pics of it friday evening.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    sounds cool! cannot wait to see it.

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Definitely sounds cool! We are wanting to get a truck and trailer next spring, and this could be an even better idea!

4. jberter

jberter New Member

Wonderful idea & construction,, and pictures would be nice,,, :hi5:

5. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Sounds cool!

I know what ya mean about the expensive goat totes. But I only got mine for $100. ;)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Love to see it... :greengrin: .sounds very creative and neato..... :thumb:

7. RockyRidgeBoers

Jun 24, 2010
  8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i wonder if you could build dividers for it... then it'd be totally awesome

9. RockyRidgeBoers

Jun 24, 2010
    You could, Just cut out a panel and attach it with snap clips and add another eye bolt or two in roof. Then cut out & add door. That would be real easy. Thanks for a real good idea for a future addition SDK

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    very cool, dividers would be pretty cool too!

how are you planning on getting them up that far? Some of my does are pretty hefty!

11. RockyRidgeBoers

Jun 24, 2010
    I was thinking of building an adjustable loading shoot. I could use a boat trailer winch to raise & lower it.

12. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Very very cool! I told my husband when we get us a truck that's what I want to do!

13. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Very clever! I like that it gives the goats shade too - which the goat tote does not unless you put a tarp or shade cloth on it. I have a goat tote which I love though! (had not planned on buying one but needed something quick when we moved to this farm as the "goat van" broke down!). I got a new buck this month and took the van since it was so hot and I remembered why the goat tote was nice transporting bucks (I think that may have been why I had no one wanting to go with me to pick him up lols!!!). Your camper top would have been great for that trip! Though I think the buck liked the air conditioning though lols!

14. RockyRidgeBoers

Jun 24, 2010
    Not to mention rain. I was hauling some new additions to the herd saturday and i had to drive through a monsoon. Long story short everyone made it home nice & dry

15. Native87

Native87 New Member

:thumb: This is GREAT!!! I help an older neighbor haul scrap metal from time to time. He just got an old camper shell with the windows gone. I am going to offr him whatever it is that scrap like that brings and make one of these myself. EXCELLANT idea. Thanks for sharing. :cool: