The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got two nice, fiberglass "goat huts" for $100 each. They are 7X10 ft. and about 7 ft. tall. They are recycled cargo shells(I think that is what they are called!) from airplanes! :D

So if you are looking for some nice goat huts....try finding someone who recycles fiberglass cargo shells. :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just got rid of my whole post!! GRR!

Anyways, I got some pics. I had to google them to find out what they were actually called. They are called Unit Load Devices. In the door way they are 6 ft. 6 in. tall and 3 ft. 3 in. wide. They are a couple of inches taller inside, but not 7 in. We got them from a place the repairs and recycles them. If you google ULD repair you'll probably find one.

Also, they aren't very pretty color wise, but we plan on painting them red and white like little barns! :D

Front:

Back:

Side(you can see the other hut a bit in this pic):

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
enjoytheride, we are thinking about putting a vent in the back of the hut....but we aren't sure. We plan on leaving one door open all of the time, so right now a vent isn't needed.

Rushtawin, I haven't seen you around in awhile!! Glad you made it here! Umm...as far as where to get them in your area...I am not sure. The place we got ours from has three locations...Ohio, Indiana, and Florida...I *think*. If you google them you could probably find one...or maybe if you called an airline to find out where they send them to be repaired. :wink:

Thanks Sarah! I can't wait until we get the rest of the fencing done and the goaties can be moved out there!! The top of a dryer sounds really nice, too! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.