The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My goat has had a really swollen vulva, about the size of two baseballs, for 3 days now. The kid(s) also seem to have dropped into the birth canal two days ago. I just noticed a single red drop of discharge on her this morning, but she is still walking around and eating. I am afraid too much time has passed, and expected her to have her kid at least last night! It almost seemed like she was having contractions last night too.
This is her first. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
Wash real good, take off any jewelry.
Insert a couple fingers very gently at the top of vulva working in half moon motion as you get further in.
If kid is at the door you will feel it's head.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I'll check her when my husband gets home. From the pictures and videos I've seen online, her vulva seems to puff out much more than the goats in the videos..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She only had a few tiny red drops come, one every several minutes, but nothing since then. Now she has a little yellow-Amber looking fluid

·
Registered
788 Posts
Can you soap up and try to get a two fingers in? if you can even do a sweep it may get things moving. How is doe acting? Is calling a vet an option? Usually 30 minutes of contractions or noticeable labor is max needed, after which I would call a vet if you are not very experienced at helping out....sending good thoughts for you and her!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts