The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this am to find one of my girl laying down ligs are gone goo was streaming and she is laying with her legs stretched out. I haven't seen her pushing hard. She seems really tired and keeps laying head over closing eyes.don't know how long she has been like this. I stuck finger in couldn't feel anything. Is this normal or is there a problem?

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you've been awak more than an hour she's been in labor over an hour and that's too long to go unassisted.

I would wash my hands, trim my nails and put on gloves if I have them, lub up and go in. She will yell. For mine all it took was a little sweeping motion just inside all the way around and this prompted her to really push, but you could have tangled kids.

Close your eyes to "see" with your hands...you may have to tear some membranes to see how the kid is positioned. You can pull with contractions if you feel two hooves and a nose

·
Registered
979 Posts
my doe had a kid with one hoof back and I was still able to pull him without repositioning. It's hard to tell what's going on in there and you want someone to hold the doe because she may try to move away from you at first. go slow, stay calm...nothing is likely wrong yet, but with a worn out doe, she just needs help.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have anyone to help. She just stood up and pawed the ground and layed back down. I could only get 2 fingers in

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is up walking a little. And no goo now and no pushing .is it possible she isn't ready yet?

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
If you can't get your hand in there, you need to contact a vet and either take her in or have them come out. Sounds like she's got a stuck kid, but if you can't get in there and feel around, you'll need a vet. Don't wait.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know when her due date is I guess she was preg. When I got her. I haven't seen her having contractions. I'm gonna call the vet now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me and Rosie just got back from the vets office. They didn't have anyone hat could come out so I had to take her. The vet checked her and said that she will have them today but isn't ready yet since her water hasn't broke. He didn't have the speculum small enough to be able to see inside of her.he said to watch for her water to break then if nothing within 3 hours to bring her back. She has layed back down and still grinding her teeth and pawing the ground though.

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
.prayers sent!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Is her udder full? How are her ligaments?

It just doesn't sound normal to me...how she's acting. In the photo you posted, it looks like she had been pushing...judging by the marks in the dirt...from her rear hooves.

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
I agree...it doesnt sound right...if you canget some help from a nieghbor , anyone to hold her but you should clean up and go in..sometimes just putting your hand in there opens things up for baby to come..other times you need to help..but I think mom is in trouble..I hope Im wrong

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is her udder full? How are her ligaments?

It just doesn't sound normal to me...how she's acting. In the photo you posted, it looks like she had been pushing...judging by the marks in the dirt...from her rear hooves.
She isn't acting normal to me either .none of my others acted like this. Udder is full ligs are gone and keeps stretching out rear legs ,pawing grinding teeth but I haven't actually seen her trying to push

1 - 20 of 309 Posts