The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sport has been hanging out with the chickens for a few days recovering from Pinkeye. Tomorrow morning, well or not, he is being reunited with the herd. Found our 13 month old Boer goat, who is a foot wide, inside the chicken coop today. The door is only 14 by 29 inches. Usually the chicken feeder is near the large door so we can easily fill it up when necessary, but not today.

012.jpg

022.jpg

Attachments

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were not quite finished with coop/fence when a friend gave us her flock of chickens. Experts said to keep the chickens locked in the coop for a few weeks to learn this is home before free-ranging, so it worked out just fine. The chicken coop floor is small hole wire fencing so that their poop will fall out and I don't have to clean very often. Well, food also falls through the holes. Sport started making regular pilgrimages to the coop and would crawl underneath to partake of whatever fell though. So I guess he knew there had to be something yummy inside.

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was a little food in the chicken feeder but not much. Hard to know how much he ate because the chickens free-range during the day and locked up at night. We do not have to fill it very often, maybe twice a week. It was probably getting low when he broke in. No matter what, he tried because it was not easy getting the feeder back to where we could reach it without having to crawl into the coop. The coop is not designed for us to go inside that often. It is designed for the poop, etc. to fall through the wire floor so I don't have to clean it.

Sport was moved to the goat enclosure this morning before I let the chickens out for the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts