The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upload_2021-2-21_19-14-21.png

My 3yr old mini lamancha doe has started holding her jaw like this some times, I first thought I caught her in mid cud chew but it's worrying me. She's pretty healthy no coughing or parasite, UTD on selenium etc. I feel like a mom telling her kid to stop making that Face because it'll freeze that way!
She's pregnant, always hungry, due in Mid April and was tested for the CAE, CL and Johnnes.
Any clues? Or am I being paranoid?

TIA
Joyce in Texas

·
8,263 Posts
Does she pack her cud in her cheek? Sometimes they get too much cud packed and cant get it all out. (offering warm water might help) An abscessed tooth or an infected salivary gland are possible, too.

If you try to feel her cheek from the inside, watch those sharp back teeth, they will sever or cut a finger, badly!

She is a pretty doe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does she pack her cud in her cheek? Sometimes they get too much cud packed and cant get it all out. (offering warm water might help) An abscessed tooth or an infected salivary gland are possible, too.

If you try to feel her cheek from the inside, watch those sharp back teeth, they will sever or cut a finger, badly!

She is a pretty doe!
Thank you, I can't feel any tenderness or anything on the outside of the jaw. She's my diva child. Only 3 nearing 4 so I don't think it's a tooth issue. Her face was really poofy in that pic because it was snowing...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts