The Goat Spot Forum banner

Goat Junk Drawer?!

2K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
Well today is the day... I’ve been putting it off for weeks... time to clean out my goat junk drawer. It wasn’t as bad as I expected... I still don’t know why I horde Jeffer’s catalogs. Anyway I am interested to see what your “goat junk drawers” look like. If happen to clean them anytime soon... please share!
Brown Liquid Fluid Material property Bottle
Brown Wood Publication Font Hardwood

See less See more
#2 ·
I hoard Jeffers catalogues too! 😂 Why? Why must we keep them?! 😅

My junk drawer is actually a junk closet. I'm a bit more messy than I'd like to be. I seem to organize it and then just chuck things back in wherever there is an open spot instead of putting it away where is goes. That white strawberry bucket in the front is how I carry my hoof trimming stuff to the barn. There is room for all that stuff to go away, but it's sooo much easier to just slap it down on the ground.🤪 I used to only have that purple organizer, but I swiftly outgrew it. 😝
Bottle Shelf Shelving Gas Kitchen
Fluid Bottle Liquid Gas Tints and shades

#4 ·
Oh boy. Mines a wreck..i use use old Hoosier cabinet for non refrigerated stuff. ..things tend to get shoved back in after use. But it is time to clean and check dates on everything. I also have a rolling tool box I use for farm calls. I'm pretty sure it's tidy lol since I have not used it in some time. I always clean and restock after a call.
Shelf Bottle Drinkware Liquid Shelving

#5 ·
Oh and I throw all my Jeffers magazines away ...now my Mary Jane farms magazines...I horde them 🤣

#10 · (Edited)
I keep all my stuff in a tote in my room. This picture was taken when it was organized, right before kidding season. A few weeks later all the stuff was scattered all over my room and bathroom. Some of it was even in the kitchen. I had accumulated twice as much stuff because I was buying things as needed. My mother walked into my room and freaked out! Since then I bought another tote and stuffed all the stuff in there decently. Probably won’t stay like that very long. It seems to grow! Hehe
Green Wood Luggage and bags Flooring Hardwood

#15 ·
@Boers4ever, I love your bedroom wall color. Such a happy green. [emoji3]
Thanks! I struggled with either that or a light blue. I ended up going with that since I was decorating for a flowery meadow type theme. Then my brother walks in to see the new paint and he says it looks like the inside of an Easter egg. [emoji849][emoji849]

#12 ·
Whew you all have a lot of stuff that or I just have my stuff spread out between house, shed and barn lol! I don't have pictures, but in the house I have an old wooden printer cart that I keep some meds and misc. stuff on, and on top I have an old fish/tackle box that I keep injectable meds, syringes, thermometer, etc. in - I can carry this out for emergencies and it's turned into my kidding kit. I have a shelf in the wall by my kids bathroom (3 compartments), 1 compartment I keep random goat stuff in - dewormers, and stuff I don't use very often. Sulfamed gallon is under my kids bathroom sink lol. I have a open storage shelf thing I bought next to the goat medicine 'cart' that I also have random stuff on - tattoo kit, scrapie tags, microscope, etc. etc. Oh and B-Complex, oral B-12, probiotics and Spectogard in the kitchen on a shelf - show season so we tend to use these a little more See... it's everywhere, sometimes I wonder if the goats live here or out in the barn lol.

#13 ·
I've just started my goat junk drawer (tote) and still need to add more! Since I just have wethers now I don't have anything related to does, kidding, etc. yet. And being in California, I can't get many meds until I see a vet. It feels good to be prepared though and I've already broken into a few things after just a couple weeks of having my boys.

I also have several issues of The Goat Journal and just got my first Jeffer's catalog - let the collecting begin! 🤣

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.