The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 kids, 3 different dams, that seem to be walking strange. They seem to be a little stiff legged. The joints are not swollen and they are my as active as others.
I have given BOSE, as we are in a selenium def. area. I have that Tuesday night. Any ideas on what I should do next ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure this isn't it but are they fainting goats?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do any of their parents have the same problem or has it just come along like that?

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been reading about CAE, joint ill, ect... Vitamin deficiency.
I just cannot figure what would be affecting all the babies the same way except a vitamin deficiency.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did it all just happen to all of them? Is it happening in any certain things such as breeds, genders, or ages???

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Within 2-3 weeks they all got like this. I am going to carry a few to the vet Monday. I am at a loss on what it could be.

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
I would try a Vitamin ADE shot. I would also give some B Complex. How much selenium have you given them?

Sounds like a full blood workup is in order.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anything changed with their feed or daily schedule?

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Woke up this morning and one kid would not get up, so we went to the vet. Hoof rot ..... He assume the rest have it too. Treating with Nuflor and copper tox!

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
Good thing you went to the vet and found out. Something like that would be almost impossible to diagnose over the internet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts