The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is what is the best topical product to use to treat your herd and how often? Have been raising goats for almost 5 yrs now and never had them also new to this spot and would like feed back from others who have had dealings with this. Please and thank you!!

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
We do Cylence 1 cc per 25 pounds it's safe for pregnant does and young kiddos. We repeat in 2 weeks.
We also feed fresh raw garlic which has helped repel lice. We see very little issue now.

Reactions: MommaGoat
14 Posts
happybleats, what is your secret for giving your goats garlic? I have one who will tolerate it in small pieces, but another doe I have literally despises anything new/ even if its just a smell on my hands, she won't take it. I tried filling raw peanuts with minced garlic, but I was only able to "fool" them all once. Lol.
We do Cylence 1 cc per 25 pounds it's safe for pregnant does and young kiddos. We repeat in 2 weeks.
We also feed fresh raw garlic which has helped repel lice. We see very little issue now.

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
happybleats, what is your secret for giving your goats garlic? I have one who will tolerate it in small pieces, but another doe I have literally despises anything new/ even if its just a smell on my hands, she won't take it. I tried filling raw peanuts with minced garlic, but I was only able to "fool" them all once. Lol.
While most mine gobble it right up..some can be stubborn. If I need them to have it no matter what..ill blend with some olive oil and dilute with water to drench it. We also feed a herbal parasite tea weekly that has both garlic and ginger added.

14 Posts
While most mine gobble it right up..some can be stubborn. If I need them to have it no matter what..ill blend with some olive oil and dilute with water to drench it. We also feed a herbal parasite tea weekly that has both garlic and ginger added.
Thank you! If you don't mind, what's your parasite herbal tea? Ive been giving powdered herbal wormer, but only 2/3rds of my goats eat that willingly:) lol. The Tea sounds like something everyone might agree on better. Im so glad there are others who prefer to go the natural route with their goats with things 'fixable' like this!

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
I use LOH parasite formula. For my small crew I use 1/4 cup which was figured out by what each goat needs. I boil water to equal about 30 cc per goat and 10-20 cc for kids. I steap the herbs in the boiling water in a Mason jar covered tightly. Shake every now and then. Once cool I put in my blender and blend with fresh raw garlic and ginger root along with one drop per goat of wild orange essential oil. Once blended smooth..we drench each goat according to their age..so adults 30 cc..yearlings usually 20 cc and babies depends on size. Just got to work the numbers out for you

14 Posts
I use LOH parasite formula. For my small crew I use 1/4 cup which was figured out by what each goat needs. I boil water to equal about 30 cc per goat and 10-20 cc for kids. I steap the herbs in the boiling water in a Mason jar covered tightly. Shake every now and then. Once cool I put in my blender and blend with fresh raw garlic and ginger root along with one drop per goat of wild orange essential oil. Once blended smooth..we drench each goat according to their age..so adults 30 cc..yearlings usually 20 cc and babies depends on size. Just got to work the numbers out for you
Thanks so much! I only just recently found LOH and I really liked their ingredient list in the parasite formula. I have been using another herbal blend from someone else, but am I going to switch. It sounds like you have some beautifully healthy goats! I am looking forward to doing this with mine. Thanks so very much!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts