The Goat Spot Forum banner

Goat lice

720 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  21goaties 
#1 ·
The weather is starting to get warmer and I noticed my Billy’s are having rough shedding looking hair and one of my Billy’s is staying off away and so I pulled his hair back and seen what looked to be lice I feel he is also anemic I sprayed him with permethrin and gave him a b complex shot and probiotics anything else I can do

#2 ·
For lice, I prefer the blue Ivermec at 1cc per 22lbs run down the top line like you would a dogs flea stuff. Cylence also works well.
If he’s anemic, get a fecal done to check for parasites then start anemia protocol.
Give high protein foods, 6cc redcell per 100lbs daily for a week then once a week till pink, good minerals. Pine boughs if possible.

#8 ·
For lice, I prefer the blue Ivermec at 1cc per 22lbs run down the top line like you would a dogs flea stuff. Cylence also works well.
If he’s anemic, get a fecal done to check for parasites then start anemia protocol.
Give high protein foods, 6cc redcell per 100lbs daily for a week then once a week till pink, good minerals. Pine boughs if possible.
This is what I do as well.

#3 ·
I’ve used CyLence for lice with success.
If he’s already feeling poorly enough to want to be alone, he is probably dealing with something more than just lice. Can you get a temp on him just to make sure he’s not battling an infection?
His poop looks ok?
I’d still get a fecal and check what other parasites he might have even if it looks ok!
Orange peels might booster him some too, help with worm load and the vitamin c will help with the iron absorption for your anemia protocol.
Hope he feels better for you!

#16 ·
If you can’t entice him to eat, you may need to blend up a nutritious smoothy for him. Can include b vitamins, garlic, vitamin c- go ahead and throw an orange peel or two in there for him, spinach and dandelion leaves and a good amount of cayenne pepper. Enough water to make it drenchable …
Did you already treat the lice for the first round?
I did treat him for lice and I gave him red cell this morning and probiotics and b complex and I just got some b12 from the vet I’m gonna give him today I am trying my best he is very weak he will eat feed he’s just staggering like I pray he is gonna make it 😭

#19 ·
Did you deworm him? Fecal test? Are the lice dead?

You can give B12 twice a day it won't hurt him. Red cell can be given daily until eye membrane color is improved.
Also needs to stay hydrated and eat high protein foods like alfalfa. Pine needles are good, and any safe tree branches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.