Goat Milk Eggnog!!!!

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by spidy1, Nov 20, 2018.

1. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

4 cups goat milk
    5 whole cloves
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    12 egg yolks
    1 1/2 cups sugar or 1 cup agave (what I use)
    4 cups cream
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 1/2 cups run (optional)

mix milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in pan, heat over low heat very, very slowly bring to boil. in bowl mix egg yolks and sugar/agave, whisk until fluffy. whisk egg mix into HOT milk slowly, cook again stirring constantly until thick, do not boil, let cool for about 1 hour, stir in cream, 2 tbs vanilla, nutmeg, and rum if wanted, strain out cloves, refrigerate overnight before serving.

2. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

Yum.(dance)
    Allright, that's it!! You all have my permission to call my wife and tell her we need to breed our girls when they get old enough.

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. My girls are due in January so after the babies are old enough to share their milk we'll be trying this!

4. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

I just made some last night, it made 2 1/2 quarts!!!! (this morning I am now down to 2 quarts(blush))

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Boy does that sound good!

6. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

it is addicting!

7. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the recipe! I won’t have goats milk for at least a month though. :( But cow’s milk will work too! :D

spidy1 and Dwarf Dad like this.
  8. Dwarf Dad

Well it sounds to me like you messed that batch up. Recipe clearly states to refrigerate over nite. Will be there to dispose of the rest of it while you make you a new batch.

9. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm inpatient as a spoiled puppy at supper time!!!(embarrassed)

Dwarf Dad likes this.
  10. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Underachievers! :hide::heehee:

The men here woulda only left me a one single swallow! :omg: They are nog FEINDS! And all the better when they remember there is rum atop the fridge. (rofl). We have a local dairy that sells to a few stores round here. They only sell the quart glass jar..... it never lasts two nights here. And their choklit milks... half gallon. Om nom nom nom! Last through dinner. Mind you it is myself, hubby and grown son eatin. I get meself a eight ounce glass and they snarf the rest. MONSTERS!

I mighta was been bad this week when i went to the lil butcher shop..... mebbe i bought two...... and mebbe the evil house elf hid one...... and mebbe the menz have not found it yet...... but the house elf is tryin figure how to open it and still be able lay it on its side for hidin purposes. The lid is a soft flippy kinda lid that leaks when it is opened if it lays on its side..... see my dilemma here? :waiting:... to open or to not open.....:shrug:

spidy1 and Dwarf Dad like this.
  11. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

That first part! Omg! I SO miss my milks and this was the first time we have had fresh goat milk here really. Other than the few times i have bought it before. But man i miss it! I also miss my quiet soothin mornin time with my gracie a LOT! She soothed me to start my days.... after we got over the we ARE milkin you gracie bit at the start lol! My mama was recently diagnosed with lewy bodies dimentia and just the turmoil inside of my noggin some days... i could talk or cry or rub and brush or whatever and my mornins with gracie just gave me a peace that i cannot find in other chores. My garden is done for the winter so no bare feet and hands in the dirt soothin me there for a while either. I have seriously thought about tryin find a doe in milk just for this reason! But we just dont have room for another grown doe right now. So i will be content with my mornin routine of chores and when i am havin a bad brain day i hide away is her stall while she eats and brush her and let her soothe me that way til march when we should have wee kids runnin amok and i can milk here again.

Goat_Scout and Dwarf Dad like this.
  12. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    I've been making nog of egg for years for my family (and myself!) I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE Egg Nog!!!!!!!!!!! Especially that made with goat milk.

13. Dwarf Dad

Going to store now for ingredients. I will have to use canned goat milk and store bought cream. Oh well.
    I am sorry I have not said this allready, thank you for the recipe!

spidy1 likes this.
  14. MtnRidgeFarm

MtnRidgeFarm Active Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Northern California
    Yum!!! Thanks for sharing!! I just made pumpkin spice lattes this morning (with goat milk of course!!) It's one of our favorite fall drinks!

Dwarf Dad likes this.
  15. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Oh how I will miss my goat milk eggnog this Holiday Season.

16. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

You can use cow milk, the recipe originally calls for "milk" so I'm assuming cow, I changed it to work for me!

17. Dwarf Dad

I sure needed someon to tell me when to stop warming after adding egg yok and sugar. I may have made some egg nog pudding(blush). Will this thicken more in the refrigerator?:shrug:.
    It sure tastes good(doh).

18. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Put a lil cornstarch or flour in it and it will thicken nicely.

19. Dwarf Dad

What about thinning it?

20. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Adding more of the wet mixture might work but i dunno. Really all the warming does is pasteurize it in easy terms and disolve the sugar. :). It almost sounds as if you kinda cooked the eggs a lil bit so that i why i am not sure if addin more wet would help or not. I bet eggnog puddin would be delish if that is what it end up bein! And ooooo tapioca yum! Or..... is it maybe the consistency of a custard now? Or more thin? If not addin flour and bakin it would make it custard like. Yum too! Sorry i am not more help. :/. I just know that flour or cornstarch will thicken it up to be more of a custard or puddin.