Goat Milk Fudge Problem, please help

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by CrazyAcre, May 29, 2010.

1. CrazyAcre

CrazyAcre New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    I have tried several batches of goats milk fudge lately, and the one I did yesterday came out fine,
    but I tried one this morning with milk from last night from 4 goats all different from the day before, and it seperated and cooked the fat I think in the the milk, I have liquid with the sugar and curddles on the top??? This happened a couple of weeks ago to but than it just seperated not clumped up..
    Why is this happening and how do I stop it from happening again, I would like to make fudge to sell, but this is not working.

Thanks for any help

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Is it during the cooking that it is separating? If so, that is totally normal , if it's happenning after the milk/sugar has been cooked to 238* you are either bringing it up to boil too quickly or you are not adding the butter/margarine quick enough after you remove it from the heat.

3. CrazyAcre

CrazyAcre New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Thanks, I think I figured it out, I cooked at a higher heat than I should have , so I just made another of Peanut Butter fudge and it came out very good,,,, yummy.
    I just very slowly heated it up, my arm was killing me, but man was it worth it.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad you got it! Yes, it is very time consuming BUT the results are awesome....I have a gas stove so it's pretty easy for me to adjust the flame so the milk/sugar come up to a boil slowly.