Goat Milk Lotion?

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by RunAround, Nov 19, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Anyone have a recipe or know how to make it? I see lots of products out there, but of course they don't tell you have to make it.

2. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    I'd like to know this as well! I've been making soap for a couple of years now, but so far haven't come across a recipe for lotion. I'd love to be able to make my own instead of buying the chemically, fragrancey stuff that is on the market today. I have allergies that flair up at the least little hint of a fragrance in stuff. And then there are the "soothing" lotions that make my skin burn and turn bright red! I can live without all that, but I need something to combat my dry skin, so I'd really like to make my own, in my own kitchen, so I know exactly what I'm putting on my skin.

3. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
  4. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
  5. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
  6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
  7. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    If you have any beekeepers in your area they usually have beeswax to sell. Look for local honey at a natural food store and get addresses off the labels. Or ask if the people working at the store know anyone who has bees.

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Oh wow! That's awesome. I know a bee keeper personally, he buys all my chicken eggs from me. I should ask him about beeswax. Thanks!