Goat milk soap

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dancing Goat, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    For the about the last three or four years I've been washing my face with goat milk soap. It is the only thing that I have ever used that has cleared up my ongoing problem with acne (I'm 36 now, shouldn't I be done with that nonsense?!). Lately I've been shopping around and trying to find a good oatmeal-milk-honey combination that is really stuffed with oatmeal. The kind that I was using certainly had oatmeal in it but not as much as that first heavenly bar of soap that mom bought for me. Sadly I can't remember who made that, but it was so perfect that I didn't even have to use moisturiser afterward. Does anyone here make that kind of soap?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's been awhile since I made any with oatmeal, but my DH agree's that it is good, he has a mild psoriasis and this helped imensely, no perfumes or EO just fat, oatmeal, milk and honey.

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Huh, maybe I should get some too! I've been having problems with my acne lately, so I'd love to get my hands on a bar to try! :)

4. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I highly recommend it. I've been buying from The Soap Shed http://www.soapshed.com/store/home.php

They've got just about every scent you could possibly want. The oatmeal/milk/honey/olive oil soap that I usually get is at this link
    http://www.soapshed.com/store/Oatmeal-M ... 16166.html

I really like it a lot, but it just doesn't have enough oatmeal in my opinion. :dance:

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I could make a batch with lots of oatmeal in it. I love making custom soaps. :)

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Capriola how much would you charge for a bar? I just want a small one to try so I can see if it will work for me. :wink: I would make some myself, but I've still got Miss Piggy Finale on her momma and I have people who want to buy goat milk from me for some baby goats when I do milk her.

7. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I think you'll like the results. The very first time I used goat milk soap (with oatmeal) I had ZERO acne on my face after about three weeks. What do you usually use to wash your face?

8. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    That would be great! How much would you charge per bar?

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Right now I just rinse my face then use this equate cleanser, it keeps me from getting the big suckers, but I still have lots of little ones. It sounds like the goat milk soap might really help me then!

10. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    How good is the goat milk soap for people with sensitive skin. I would love to be able to have scented soaps that do not irratate my skin.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Misty, goat milk soap with a light scent from an essential oil may be your best bet, they are a bit pricier than those made with just a scented oil. Go for ones made with "EO". There are alot of members here that have their soap for sale on their websites, try looking there. MJyself, I haven't sold any because I just don't feel they are "good enough" looks wise to sell.

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I only make soaps that are scented with 100% essential oils and/or dried herbs or have no fragrance at all. I would probably ask $5 for a 4-5+ ounce (depends on the mold) bar of soap or 4 bars for $18.
    If you are just wanting lots of oatmeal and absolutely no essential oils then I can ask $4 per bar.
    This soap would be made with Olive, Palm, and Coconut oils (unless requested differently).

**Note: Lavender essential oil is good for problematic skin. There are also other essential oils that are good for acne, etc. I could look it up if anyone is interested, my mom has numerous books on essential oils and aromatherapy. If you are at all into homeopathy - sulfur (sp?) works wonders for skin.

I have molds for a teensy bar (about 1.75 oz.) and could sell that for $2 a bar.

I have "luxury bars" available now that have the most wonderful essential oils added. You can read about the soaps available here: http://capriola.webs.com/handcraftedsoap.htm#155090603 I am kind of limited right now but will be making more very soon. The Breath-EZ and La'Vanilla bars smell sooooo awesome! :)

If anyone has any ideas for essential oil blends and such, please let me know. You don't have to buy any of the bars, just looking for some ideas. :)

I am playing around with making hand-milled soaps (I read they make for harder, longer lasting bars). I have some samples of that available for free, just pay shipping.

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I would love to get a small bar to try! Could you make it with lavender and oatmeal? Just about all of my family is somewhat allergic to coconut. :wink: I'm off to look at your site! lol

14. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I used the Equate brand also. Their products are great, but that stuff still dried my face up pretty bad. The problem with a lot of facial cleansers on the market is that they contain "filler" ingredients that actually block your pores and can encourage more acne. The fewer, simpler natural ingredients are always best because that is the kind of stuff we're made of!

Hopefully the goat milk soap will help you also! :wink:

15. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    :wahoo: That's exactly what I'm looking for, except I like honey in the soap also. It's got vitamin E in it that helps get rid of the redness that acne tends to leave behind. I used to have some visible scarring on the left side of my face. As I got older it started to slowly disappear but after using the goat milk soap you can't even tell where it was. I'll email you in about a month and let you know how many I'd like to order!

Melanie :stars:

16. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    capriola - do you think a heavy oatmeal soap would be safe for canines? Two of my dogs have sensitive skin and get blackheads so I'm looking into gentler more natural soaps. I may have to order from you and try it out. If it works, I know a ton of Chinese Crested owners who would be interested. :greengrin: :wink:

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would think so. I am researching making a soap for dogs, wanting to call it "Stitcher's Suds" after my puppy. :D I found a recipe for liquid soap but it is quite complicated. I have to try and wrap my brain around that.

Anyways, so my next batch of soap should be a heavy oatmeal one? I will make large and small bars. I should be able to get it done within the week and then allow it to cure 4 weeks.

Thanks everyone! Glad to have a "custom order". :D

18. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    yesh! Lots of oatmeal! Thanks :sun:

19. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Make sure to post when your super oatmeal soap is done! :greengrin:

20. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    I can make a batch of heavy oatmeal, milk, and honey soap too. I also currently have several bars of unscented soap that works awesome as a facial soap, for acne and sensitive skin as I deal with both. several essential oils even in soap break me out so I really like unscented bars for my face.