1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month we are featuring Mae Mae!

http://www.thegoatspot.net/goats/mae-mae-136.html

This is Mae Mae. My hooves I stand on. She I can say a one of my best friends. I have angsity really bad and they suggested me getting a compaion animal to help with it. I hate depending on drugs. They where going to get me a dog but I suggested a goat and she got approved. She can go everywhere with me but places that have food. So no resturants or grocery stored for her. When she is out and about with me and gose into a place with me she has to be on a leash and also wear a diaper. I have to have a muzzle on hand if the store owner insist but I hate even haven that. She is one of the best things that you can have in a pet. Comical and lovening, carening and understanding. I can not get enough of her. If you are wondering what she is she is one of those blue roan pgymys. I get asked a lot when she is with me and get stopped by goat lovers like us all the time. She even gose with me to SCA advents.

Congrats to Mae Mae for being featured this month!

If you would like to see one of your goats featured in coming months please be sure to add them to the goat registry!

·
Registered
76 Posts
:cool:EXCELLENT! A Service Goat. I'm so glad she helps you stay calm in public! I'm also so very glad that you are a responsible Service Animal owner. We always need to be sure to keep our Service Animals super clean and socialized (no danger to the public.) Laws are becoming more stringent with "Service Animals" that aren't really service animals at all. I get so angry with folks who try to bring in their pets disguised as Service Animals. Question for you: You don't "dress her up" in cute stuff like these glasses when you take her out, do you? I know that is a definite RED FLAG to store owners and usually a good sign that these "pets" that so many people bring in to public places aren't Service Helpers at all.

I have a Service Dog (he's my 4th... life expectancy for a Service Animal isn't long since they are hyper-vigilant.) to help with short term memory loss (ie: getting lost when out and about by myself= major panic if he's not with me) and ambulation. "Max" is my best friend. If I was prevented from having him with me, I couldn't go shopping, dr appointments, meetings, classes etc in the city by myself. :(

·
Registered
31,508 Posts
Mae Mae is adorable..so glad she can be of service

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Mae Mae is a beautiful girl!
She absolutely deserves Goat of the Month for her great service to you. :)

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Oh, she's so pretty. I LOVE that roan color! I didn't know goats could be service animals. That may give us a new focus for some of our 4-H training!

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,019 Posts
Awww, how sweet! And how fun that you can take her so many places with you! :love:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I do not normaly dress her up besides her red vest that she has to say she is a sevces animal. I got those glasses as a joke and she likes them. She gets excited when I get them out for her.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I love her! What a beautiful goat, so happy she has made your life easier! <3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts