Goat pizzle still attached

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Wrelyn, May 17, 2018.

1. Wrelyn

Wrelyn New Member

May 17, 2018
    Hello, my goats are about 4 months old. My Tyrion, who I had since he was 3 days old and bottle fed, is dribbling pee. So I know that's urinary calculi. I attempted to expose his penis and in doing so noticed his pizzle is still mostly attached to the membrane. His testicles just fell off today, and we wethered them at 3 months. When I expose his penis he starts to pee some, so I do believe the pizzle is my problem. If I can get that off, he will pee and not die. What can I do to detach the pizzle from the membrane? My vet is on vacation til the 21st and I don't want him to die. No one else will see farm animals.

2. lifesabtchlearn2deal

lifesabtchlearn2deal Active Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I'm sorry I can't help but I hope everything works out

3. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Oregon Coast Range
    They usually knock it loose with pretend breeding behaviors.
    Your choice here would be friction, pulling/working it loose, or both.

4. Wrelyn

Wrelyn New Member

May 17, 2018
    He' at the vet right now. They cut the pizzle, not much pee. They cathed him, not much pee, and they lubricated his bladder now we're waiting to see if he pees on his own. Why wouldn't they get much pee in a cath? I took all his liquid away at 345 yesterday afternoon. This is a qualified and highly recommended farm vet.

5. ISmellLikeGoats

ISmellLikeGoats Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    If you took his liquids away, his bladder is probably empty by now since you said he could still dribble pee. Not sure your time zone but that's been over 20 hours by my time without liquids...

6. Wrelyn

Wrelyn New Member

May 17, 2018
    My thought too, and I told the vet tech that. I had given him a 16.7 Oz bottle of warm milk with ibuprofen and 2000 MG of vit c at 345. So I think they'e hydrating him and seeing if he can pee on his own. I'm just praying right now, he means the world to me

7. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Poor little buggar. I am praying for him! (and for YOU!)

8. ISmellLikeGoats

ISmellLikeGoats Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Hopefully he can pee once he's rehydrated. I imagine he just didn't have anything left to really pee out after being liquid restricted for the better part of a day. Fingers crossed for you!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hope he gets better soon.