The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dewormed the wether and he was fine a day or two and the log formed poo came back boat agin he hasn't ever felt be my vet said his room and has a very healthy Santuit I am keeping him on baking soda for a few days because I don't want any chance of bloating from anything. I'm going to assume since he feels good that this just may be normal from him because there's nothing else wrong with him I was very worried about it and concerned about it at first but this is been going on for three weeks in a Ginnys never been sick he's never blowed it he's never felt bad so I don't know what's going on he has his cdt shot after disbudding and being weathered no fever has never had really runny diarrhea but one time

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He get a half a scoop of dumor grain a day like literally a handful at each feeding and all the hay they can eat especially with it being so cold he's nine months old we almost lost him when we weathered him due to bleeding but I don't think that would cause clumpy poo but my thing is he has never once felt bad from it my vet said in very rare cases a particular goat will alway have this but never to the point of water poo

· Banned
5,939 Posts
Is the hay straight alfalfa? If it is, what cutting is it? When you wormed him, did you do a fecal first or did you just worm him? What did you worm him with? Is he in a pen or on pasture? Where do you live?

· Super Moderator
36,739 Posts
ploppy poop can be worms, dietary, wet graze, too much grain, and even the wormer can cause loose stools...I would have a fecal done to see if your wormer is working...check his eye lids for anemia...
in the mean time...give probiotics a few days and see if that dont firm him up, and stop grain...once he firms back to berries you can give grain again if you choose but wethers dont really need grain..good quality hay and graze is healthy for them..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.