The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
May I get some expert opinions on my doe whether you think she's PG. Her utter has gotten poochy here the rest of underneath is normal... If she is pg then she would have gotten this way end of april beginning of may, which would make her about 4 months along. This is my first experience. Any help would be appreciated. Pooch meaning where her milk bag would be in the back.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,925 Posts
I can never tell pooch tests but certainly if her udder is starting to develop, she could be pregnant. If she is at 4 months, that is the time to start uddering up.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Given the time frame you mentioned, I do not believe she is pregnant. She could be short-bred, though. There appears to be some udder development, just not what I would expect to see in a 4 month bred doe.

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, so many different answers. S
ent pics to a breeder that constantly has nigerian babies and where I got my new ones from and she said she is pg and right on target for the time frame. She said her milk bag would not start doing what it's doing if it wasn't there before and that I knew exactly when she was nailed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts