The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yearling goat that was never feed by mama. The goat has been cheerful and up beat since we got it. But today it is drooling with head down, it neck is unusually warm and feverish, with its tail down and it isn't eating. It has no energy to move and looks drugged. Any ideas on this poor little ones condition. I was able to force some water down and it took it well about 8-10 oz.

·
Super Moderator
32,277 Posts
Please get temp asap..101.5-103.5 is normal range. Give a good dose of B complex sub Q.
Do you have antibiotics on-hand?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was early case of toxicity by a yearling. Got a hold of a vet this morning and by the time i got back with the medicine the poor little guy was gone...😓. Didn't know that was a bigger problem living so close to a creek where there is 90% of all mornings starting out with dew. I hope that ya'll can learn from my issue. Vets around here just don't return my calls fast enough. So if you see what happened in my original post get some Activated charcoal/ clay and hope it isn't to late, less than 12 hour window... and yes i tried antibiotics last night. Into thy hands I commit Bennett the little billy goat o' Lord.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts