goat quiz

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by dtincoelemari, Dec 12, 2010.

1. dtincoelemari

dtincoelemari New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Arizona
    Has anyone ever thought of setting up a post in Goat Sence 101 that is like a quiz for people to test their knowledge on goat health/care? like a bunch of questions of health issues and people have to figure out what the illness is, what to do about an injury, or what treatment to use if you can't reach a vet in an emergency situation... There could be multiple choice answers and/or just a space to put the answer. A way to make it so everyone can take the quiz without seeing everyone else's answers would be for people to copy the quiz paste it in a private message choose/write their answers and send it to whom ever is willing to take on the job of correcting peoples quiz's and then send back the list of what they got right and a list of the ones they missed so they know what they need to read up on a little better... Anyhow lol I have been doing ton's of reading on this kinda stuff and I figured it would be kinda cool if there was a a way for me to be tested on what I have learned so far and show me what I need to learn more about. What do you guys think?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well, as moderators we volunteer our time. We are not paid to do any of it. We do it for the love of goats and people. We are always willing to answer questions and help people out, but making a quiz and correcting everyone's answers is a lot of work. If you have any specific questions we can help out with let us know. Otherwise reading up about goats on the web or in books is better. You get a deeper understanding for things that way. :thumb:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Danniell while the idea seems somewhat practical for the average goat owner you will learn that a lot of situations there are no real concrete straight answers. There is no way I can even come up with a comprehensive quiz that will be effective beyond the simple basics.

I also volunteer my time to TGS - I do have two jobs and a life to be keeping up with just as everyone else does adding "grading papers" to my day is simple not feasible.

4. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    The fact that one gets 7 different answers for each question asked of six goat keepers might also make things difficult :)

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree....alot of breeders... handle issues in different ways...what works for one goat ....may not work for the other...also... depending on where the breeder is located....and certain circumstances...may differ so much.... And as mentioned...it would be alot of work.... TGS has grown tremendously ...since I became a member.... so .....the work load has increased.... we care about all of you and the animals....so we rather... put our time into questions ......that are actually happening....spot on.....as it does take up alot of time.... which we love helping others....that is what we are here for....and ....we too ....have goats and different things in life to tend to.....I right now.... am helping all that need it here .....and ....kidding out ....all over the place ....with late nights....so... I am putting in double time...LOL... I love the idea but it is so hard to do.... :wink: :thumb: