The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my son and his friend to the goat races on September 29th and wanted to let all of my GW friends and now GS friends how well they did. Glen and Andy (the goat) placed 8th out of 54 goats. Christian and (Amos the goat) placed around 13th. Both boys had a blast and are looking forward to it next year.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I've never heard of a goat race before!! :shock: :lol: That's great on how good they both placed!

Now, of course, I have questions! How do they go about racing them? Do they just turn all of the kids and goats loose and they run for the finish line or???

Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I know they do the dinnerbell race with horses by seperating the moms and babies and putting the moms at the finish line.

Maybe they do that with bottles at the goat races.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My son's 4-H club currently has the pictures.
they are doing an article on the kids and goats.

The races are ran pretty easily. Four goats and handlers line up at the starting line and race to the finish line. The top two goats from each race keep advancing to the next round.

They race all sizes of goats together. You may not think that is fair but a pygmy goat when the whole event. Also children race against adults. The children usually when every time. One child cross the finish line first in his heat, but the funny thing was the little boy was jerked off of his feet by his big boer goat and he was all smiles at the finish line. In fact he wanted to do it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts