Goat Shoes

Discussion in 'Personal Creations' started by goatlady, Aug 16, 2008.

1. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    This has been so exciting for me to be able to create and offer Goat Shoes at my Zazzle GetYerGoat gallery:
    http://www.zazzle.com/getyergoat*
    These are Keds shoes created piece by piece - with goats as the theme. I only have 6 designs available so far but am creating more each day.
    They are a bit pricey but plain Keds sneakers are upwards of $35-40 right off the shelf- these are fully customized and I only have a 6 dollar mark up on them- Not for every day but certainly something for the goat lady who has everything. Think of the holidays coming up soon.

check them out.. and bookmark the gallery because i am adding shoes daily.
    Let me know what you think. :)

Attached Files:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I just love those shoes. Great idea.

3. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Thank you Lori, They can be a real bugger to create but for the most part I have really enjoyed making them- time consuming but fun- Glad you like them.. :leap: :stars:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they are cute --- but I dont have money to spend 70.00 on a pair of shoes :(

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    those shoes are cute but unfortunately i am with Stacey....great idea though :thumb:

6. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    They are a bit pricey but very unique- like I said- the base price is up there and I only make a few bucks on each pair profit- But when ever they have a sale .. I think I might splurge on a pair- nothing to wear in the goatyard :doh: :shrug: but what a conversation piece for shows! I looked up Keds shoes and for sneakers they are already expensive - personally I wear the $5 Wallyworld ones :wink: - Great idea for a Holiday wish list though. :thumbup:

7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Those are great!

Have you tried selling them on Esty? http://www.etsy.com is a great crafters resource. They have crafts to buy and also have materials to buy. Check it out.

8. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Thanks rebelshope, I will look into it but I thought Etsy was completely home crafted things?
    I created the designs but I do not actually make the shoes- Ked's does.
    I appreciate the suggestion and will look into it!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    neat shoes.................. :thumb:

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i love the first pair.. i just need to save money

11. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Thanks toth Boer And me too SDK... I'd love to have a pair but not to wear in the goat yard,:)

I thought it was such a cool idea when Zazzle offered us to create shoes, I'm asking for a pair for Christmas.. I gotta get some more goatie designs up soon, they take a little work to figure out how to make them look good on all sides. But well worth the effort when I finally get them right.

12. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oh I thought that you painted on the shoes. Very cool that you got your design on Ked's shoes.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are welcome.............goatlady.

have you sold any shoes yet?

14. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Oddly enough I sell about a pair a week- (amazed at what people will pay for tennis shoes) I finally was able to get myself a pair of the crazy goatlady shoes- I love them but scared to wear them out in the goat yard, but they are pretty cool to wear shopping and all. My shop is having a huge Black Friday sale - unfortunately shoes are not on the list of items on sale :( , I wish they were. Keds pretty much controls the pricing though.

Thank you for all the nice comments on them :)
    Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. goatlady

15. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    They are awesome!!! :greengrin: I love them!!

I actually pay $100+ for my basketball shoes that I get. They're Nikes. :shrug:

Definitely going on my X-Mas list! :D

16. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Thanks.. WOW 100 bucks ! Guess I'm just cheap LOL
    The thing I think is so cool about these Keds is that you can play with the colors of the different shoe panels, (upper, toe, back, sides etc) including the inside, and the eyelets shoelace colors and even the stitching colors to make them unique. The only one to be careful with is the Boer Goat Profile picture Keds- I think it only lines up in size 7-9? I6t was a REAL bugger to make and get to line up so the picture matched on all the panels.
    THANKS for the compliments! Happy Friday
    [​IMG]
    Goat Gifts at Zazzle

17. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    I am in LOVE with the goat garden ones! They are so unique! I just got a pair of $170 boots, so now isn't the time for a pair of these, but maybe in the spring. How well does the design last, like if they got a little wet or just after a lot of use? My friend wrote on a pair of plain canvas sneaks with marker, and it all came off when they got a little water on them. What kind of ink or dye is used on them? Thanks.
    Ashlyn

18. goatlady

goatlady New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The dye process is sublimination, each panel is dyed before the shoe is put together so the color is IN the fabric. Unlike the marker on the fabric. Each pair of shoes is created as it is ordered.

From Keds website..
    Are there any special cleaning instructions?

Answer:
    We recommend you spot wash your Custom Keds shoes with mild soap and water on a clean cloth, rubbing the stain gently and carefully. Air dry at room temperature. Do not dry your Custom Keds shoes in a dryer, the high heat may damage the rubber.