Goat Skijoring!

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Jan 11, 2009.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    This afternoon I took some pics of Benny (our wether) and my husband hitting the "slopes"! This is skiiing Southern Michigan corn-field style...lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow, now that is something else! I should do that, take Lolli Pop across the yard, hook her up to some skiis and let her go, she RUNS across the yard because she hates being away from her shed and hay. Thats a great idea, if you could get the goat to go somewhat fast.

4. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah...it's definitely NOT the fastest mode of transportation... :ROFL:

5. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    You HAVE TO come train my wether to do that!!! :thumbup:

6. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    Hehe, that is so cute! I've "accidentally" done that with Opie when he was younger. We used to have a sheep that was his buddy, and I'd let them out of their pen on their leashes for walks in the winter... they'd take off running down the slippery driveway back and forth and I'd be sliding (with boots) behind them :ROFL:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That looks like fun! Only I think I'd need a toboggan! I'd definately be on my butt in skis!

8. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    He came to us already trained to pull a cart...I've never actually trained one myself so I probably wouldn't be much help, unfortunately... :wink:

We thought about trying with a sled...but Benny's not the fastest goat and we were afraid the sled might pick up too much momentum when we were going down hill and run him over... :ROFL: Skis are much easier to control...well, for some people anyway... :ROFL:

9. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    Drat!
    Was he trained by someone local?

10. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Nah...the folks we got him from live up in the Lansing area...

11. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Wow, that's awesome! :cool: I could never get my goaties to do that. There is 3 inches of snow here; they won't ever step outside. :roll: Oh no, snow, scary! :shocked:

12. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    So what will you use in the summer? Roller skates? LOL. I saw a boy that would use his dog like that, and he rode a skateboard!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so neat.....looks like tons of fun.......what a good goat............ :cool: :greengrin:

14. That is so cool, I am sure my goats would be very unimpressed if I tried that...lol

It sure brings a whole new meaning to "Rudolph the Red Nose Rain GOAT." LOL :ROFL: :slapfloor: