Goat Stars!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Karen, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Karen

Karen Active Member

Okay, I admit, I do not often see commercials on television, we tend to record everything to watch it later just so we can skip the commercials. But if a commercial has an animal in it, I often will watch it anyway! And goats are suddenly popular lately - not only is there a goat as one of the "Viking Troupe" in the Capitol One credit card commercials - including one who sings scat in New Orleans in the newest one ... but there is an Aflac commercial now on that has a goat munching paper and saying "Nah" ...

Have you all seen them? Fun?

Also, of course, I want to remind everyone they can nominate their goat to be a star on our website - Pet of the Day! The more we can feature them, the more folks can learn what interesting animals these are, and we know many human kids visit the site is schools, to! So see http://PetoftheDay.com/submit for how to nominate your "kid" - or adult goat, of course - or you can PM me here!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I love the Aflac commercial!!! Theres a Boer goat in the "FreeCreditReport.com" commercial too.

Just an FYI... Karen, you won't have the pm priveledge until you have a minimum of 25 posts, so you may want to have members email you for now.

3. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Jason and I get a kick whenever we see goats in commercials or on TV. We look for them in movies!! It is funny every time (that is how starved for entertainment we are :) ).

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You never seen goats on TV much before.... now... they are used all over the place....I love the commercials as well......

the goat playing the piano..only a couple of notes... but it was adorable.... :thumb:

NAh...NAh.....Nah.. :laugh: :wink:

5. Karen

Karen Active Member

Oh, okay I didn't know that about PMs here. Anyone can always email me at Karen-then the "at" sign-PetoftheDay.com

I'll have to keep an eye out for the FreeCreditReport.com ad, now that you mention it!

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am like you, I record everything and watch it later, so I don't see a lot of commercials, but I have seen the Capitol One commercial, and it was cute! I've had friends ask if I have seen this one or that one because it had a goat in it.

Cute website! I'll have to nominate some of the goaties tomorrow - all their pics are on my other computer.

7. hahahaha!!! Yup I have seen them too! Funny they are more popular lately? Or I just notice more now? But nice to see they are getting attention! :cool:

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I love the hormel(?) commercial where the people are trying to live more naturally. The wife is naked, but you can't see her because of all the tall over-grown weeds in the yard. They have a goat eating on top of the roof. LOL

I joke to my husband that that could be us!

9. Karen

Karen Active Member

Just wanted to bump this up, and remind folks their goats can be stars over on Pet of the Day! We always need new nominations, and we know your goats want to show off and be admired, right? ;)

See http://PetoftheDay.com/submit for details, as ever!

10. Karen

Karen Active Member

Bumpity bump - I know you goat folks are used to being bumped or head-butted! ;)

Any goat out there who wants to be famous? We need nominations, all are welcome, new kids, old bucks, does, and any other pets, but it has been a while since we had a goat to star, so figured I would prompt you folks!

11. Karen

Karen Active Member

Any goats wanna be famous?

We have not had a goat even nominated in a while, and would love to show of one of your cuties for you! It's free, fun and we'd never sell your email address or anything - see http://PetoftheDay.com/submit for details!